It may not be the prettiest slice of pie in the world but this Heavenly Banana Pie is absolutely fabulous (and easy to make)! I have no doubt that your tastebuds are going to soar and the pie will melt in your mouth. No kidding, that’s exactly how it happened for me!
My sister, who is one of the best cooks I know, introduced this recipe to our family when we were teenagers. It’s been years since I’ve made but I promise that it won’t be years until I make it again!
Heavenly Banana Pie
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla, divided
2 Bananas, sliced
2-3 1/2 oz packages Instant Banana Pudding
3 cups Milk
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
3 tablespoons Sugar
- Blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla well. Spread evenly in pie crust.
- Place a layer of bananas over the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix pudding and milk according to package directions. Spread this mixture over the bananas. (You will likely have more than enough pudding mixture. You can serve the extra in individual tart shells.)
- Whip together the heavy whipping cream, sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until it has the consistency of whipped cream. (Around 5-7 minutes on medium-high speed.) Spread this mixture over the pudding mixture.
- Chill 1 hour before serving. Garnish with cherries.
- Place the maraschino cherries on a paper towel to drain and remove any juice (otherwise your top layer will have pink streaks).
- You’ll want to make sure you have something to put your pie in, like my cake server. The graham cracker pie cover is definitely not going on top of this pie because the layers make it to tall!
- If you’re a fan of nuts, you can definitely garnish with crushed peanuts.