If you’re tired of the same old squash casserole recipes you’ll want to make this Zucchini Squash Bake. Not only is it easy and healthy but it’s yummy too! Grab your zucchini, squash, and a few other simple ingredients and let me show you how to get this in the oven.
(Are you trying to eat healthier? Check out all of my healthy recipes here.)
My husband and I both love roasted veggies so this recipe is a no-brainer when I need a side for dinner. I’m also super excited about how easy it is to make – chopping the zucchini and squash was the hardest part. (I think I can handle that, don’t you?!)
Zucchini and Squash Nutrition Facts
Both of these veggies pack a big punch and are a high source of of potassium, antioxidants and Vitamin C. They also:
- Help maintain eye health and improve digestion
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that can improve heart health
- Help control diabetes
Zucchini Squash Bake
2 Zucchini, sliced
2 Squash, sliced
1 Tablespoon Basil
1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
3/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (divided)
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Mix together your zucchini, squash, spices, parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese until everything is evenly coated.
- Place in an 8 X 8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
Depending on the appetite of your crowd, this Zucchini Squash Bake will easily serve 4-6.
If you happen to have leftovers, this reheats very well! (I covered it with foil when I was reheating it in the oven.)