If you’re ready to try the best chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe then you’ve come to the right place. I love how quick and easy this bread is to put together and you can even mix it up and use the batter to make muffins. With both chocolate chips and cocoa there’s double chocolate goodness and every slice is oh so moist. If you’re looking for a healthy variation feel free to switch up the flours and use gluten free or almond flour. Are you ready to start baking?!
I’ll admit that Zucchini and chocolate sound like an odd combination, but I promise that once you taste this bread you won’t be disappointed.
I sent Trent to work with a slice of this chocolate chip zucchini bread. When he came home that night he said, “There was a problem with the bread…I only got one piece.” I don’t know about you but those are words to every bakers ears!
The biggest test of how yummy this recipe tastes is when you give a slice to a teenager (because you know teenagers will be totally honest). Mine absolutely loves this bread and raves to his friends at how good it is. That is a win in my book!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
1/4 cup Oil (I use coconut oil)
3/4 cup Sugar (I use coconut sugar)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup of shredded, unpeeled Zucchini
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
5-8 oz of Chocolate Chips
- Mix together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Add in zucchini.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow pan to cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- To remove the bread from the pan, first run a butter knife around the edges of the bread (this will ensure that the bread isn’t stuck to the pan.) Turn the pan over onto your wire rack and your beautiful loaf of bread should come out clean as a whistle.
- Allow your bread to fully cool on your wire rack.
You truly cannot tell that there is zucchini in this bread because of the chocolate yumminess.
My favorite way to eat it is warm from the oven with a bit of butter on top. (Or heated in the microwave for 15 seconds with butter on top.)