This easy and healthy banana bread recipe is the best I’ve ever tasted and will melt in your mouth at first bite. Not only is it sweet and moist (you’ll love the hint of cinnamon) but quick and easy to make! It’s perfect for breakfast, snack or even as a dessert…and there may not be any leftovers after your first bite. So what are you waiting for? Grab your loaf pan and let’s get baking!
I love go-to recipes and this banana bread recipe has been mine for years. Whenever I have bananas that are almost past the point of no return, I whip out this recipe. Not only do I love the fact that it takes under 10 minutes to get this bread in the oven but it also freezes well which makes it perfect to enjoy later!
Healthy and Easy Banana Bread
3 medium Bananas
1/2 cup Honey or Sugar
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 1/2 cups Gluten Free or All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon Cinnamon (less if you’re not a fan of cinnamon)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mash your bananas. (I generally use bananas that are almost brown so they are nice and soft. I place them in the mixer and they mash while I’m getting the rest of the ingredients together.)
- Add the egg, sugar (or honey) and cooking oil to your bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to your banana mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with cooking spray. Cook for 50-55 minutes, or until a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow pan to cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.
- To remove the bread from the pan, first run a butter knife around the edges of the bread (this will ensure that the bread isn’t stuck to the pan.) Turn the pan over onto your wire rack and your beautiful loaf of bread should come out clean as a whistle.
- Allow your bread to fully cool on your wire rack.
Banana Bred recipe adapted from Better Homes and Garden Cookbook.
Banana Bread Variations
For added flavor, you could easily add a handful of chocolate chips or nuts to the batter. I’ve even seen some bakers put sliced bananas on top of the batter before baking it.