This homemade Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is absolutely delicious and you’ll love how easy the no bake recipe is to make. Angel food cake layered with fresh strawberries and a cream cheese, whipped topping and strawberry mixture. It’s simply the best and is sure to melt in your mouth at first bite!
(Looking for more yummy desserts? Check out all of my dessert recipes here.)
I’ve taken the traditional strawberry shortcake and stepped it up a notch by adding cream cheese, powdered sugar and freeze dried strawberries to the whipped topping. You’re going to love the creaminess and depth that come from these small additions, and I have no doubt that your guests will oooh and aaah as soon as they taste it. (Plus they’ll love the pink color that the freeze dried strawberries add to the whipped topping mixture.)
Why Truwhip Whipped Topping?
A few years ago I started using Truwhip as my whipped topping of choice. Why? Well, it’s really very simple. One peek at the ingredient list and you’ll become a fan too. Gone are the corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils that the other whipped toppings include and are difficult for our body to digest. Making the simple change to Truwhip continues to be a no brainer.
*This post is in no way affiliated with Truwhip. I’m simply sharing a product that I love and use.
View Step-By-Step Recipe Photos by Swiping Right/Left
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
13 oz Angel Food Cake
32 oz Strawberries
12 oz cream cheese, softened
2 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
18 oz Truwhip Whipped Topping
1 cup Freeze Dried Strawberries (optional but highly recommended)
- Using a serrated edge knife, cut the angel food cake into three even layers. Cut each layer into small cubes.
- Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- In a coffee grinder, finely grind freeze dried strawberries. Add into cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Fold 13.5 oz of whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Slice strawberries. (Keeping a few whole strawberries for garnish, if desired.)
- Layer in trifle bowl strawberries, angel food cake, cream cheese mixture (using a rubber spatula add dollops and then spread evenly), strawberries, angel food cake, cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for 4-6 hours before serving.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and strawberries before serving.