Are you trying to get rid of your poison ivy rash? I want to share with you the best at home poison ivy treatment I’ve found. This cream uses only three simple ingredients and cured my rash within a few days. (And my readers love it too – check out their reviews below.)
(Do you enjoy making your own home and beauty products. Check out my DIY projects here.)
I don’t know about you but poison ivy is definitely not my friend. And even though I know the old saying, “Leaves of three, leave them be,” poison ivy always seems to find me.
The first time I had a poison ivy rash it spread so badly that I ended up getting a shot to get rid of it. Once it finds its way into my blood stream it starts multiplying and popping up all over the place. Definitely not fun!
A few weeks ago I found myself with another spot of poison ivy. (I think I got it when I was mowing the grass because I’ve since learned where it is in our yard.) And, once again, it started multiplying. After a few days of itching (and not wanting to go to the doctor) I decided to try to find a homemade remedy to cure my poison ivy.
A Three Ingredient Remedy
After scouring the web I found this fabulous poison ivy cream. It’s super simple and uses ingredients that most of us already have in our home or can quickly run to the nearest drug store to buy. The best part is that it cleared up my rash within a few days…now that’s my kind of poison ivy treatment!
Let me show you how easy it is to make!
The Best At Home Poison Ivy Treatment
1 tablespoon Rubbing Alcohol
1 tablespoon Hydrocortisone Cream (make sure it’s cream and not lotion)
1 tablespoon Calamine Lotion
- Mix ingredients together and apply to affected area.
REAPPLYING: As long as I was itching I reapplied the cream every 4 hours. I totally cleaned off the affected area with soap and water and then reapplied the cream.
NOTE: I found that when I applied the cream with my fingers (instead of a tissue, etc) it worked a lot quicker!
And here’s the finished product. Once the ingredients are mixed together it becomes nice and creamy.
Like I said, this worked beautifully and cleared up my poison ivy within a few days. I have nothing against going to see a doctor but it’s always nice not only to save money on medicine and a co-pay but also to be able to make my own remedy at home!
Readers Love This At Home Poison Ivy Treatment
Thank you Lord for pinterest! I went to Walgreens bought all three products and mixed together..I too put it in a container with a lid and shook it..its watery at first then it gets creamy when you let it sit..INSTANT RELIEF..FEELS AWESOME
Thank you so much. Every year I appear to get poison ivy and I scratch myself raw. I tried your recipe tonight and I can’t believe how fast it worked. Thanks again.
Wow…i am in total disbelief. I have been really allergic to poison oak my whole life. Last year I went to th Dr. 4 times and got a shot and steroids all 4 times. I have tried every over the counter medicine. Saying that…some of them are as expensive as going to my Dr. I have tried every home remedy I have ever heard of and believe me..some of them are pretty out there (like take polk salad leaves and put them in a sandwich bag and squish em around till it is a watery green liquid and rub that on poison oak..which was my legs…well,it helped 0% and I had green legs till it wore off.
I tried your remedy last week and cannot believe the instant relief. I almost forgot I had it. It healed in less than half the time it usually takes.i was over it in 4 days.
Thank you soooooooo much! I got into poison ivy last week doing yard work. This is the first thing that has truly relieved the itching. I may actually get a good nights sleep for a change. Thanks again.
Reader Tip To Prevent Poison Ivy:
Several years ago, a dermatologist told me that he loved to go hiking and was allergic to poison ivy. He kept a small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol with him in his car. Every hour or so, he sprayed himself with alcohol because it denatures the poison ivy sap.
I do a lot of gardening and I keep a spray bottle of alcohol in my golf cart. Every time I think I’ve been exposed to it, or poison sumac, I spray myself all over including my clothes. I have caught only minor breakouts (spots I missed with the alcohol) since I started using this preventive measure. Hope it helps. – M.C.