These Honey Banana Cupcakes are the perfect guilt-free dessert, and I love that they’re super easy to make!
This recipe is near and dear to my heart because it was my grandpa’s recipe! He made it as cake but I turned it into cupcakes last year for Dalton’s 1st birthday and we’ve been enjoying the recipe that way ever since.
Here’s a little cooking tip for you – any time a recipe tells you to smash your bananas with a fork, just put the peeled bananas in your mixer and let it do all of the work!
Heavenly Honey Banana Cupcakes
1 cup Honey
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour or Gluten Free Flour Blend
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Place peeled bananas in mixing bowl and turn on blender until bananas are mashed.
- Beat in honey, oil and eggs.
- Add flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a medium scoop, fill lined muffin tins with mixture until nearly full. (I find it easiest to use a medium scoop.)
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from muffin tins and cool on a wire rack.