Now that you’ve figured out where you’ve been spending your money the next step is to tell your money where it needs to be spent. If you’ve never done it before, looking at where you’ve been spending your money can be very eye opening; others of you may be fine with the way you spend your money.
Task #2 Your task for this week is to make budget categories. Here are the categories that I use in my budget. You may need to add additional categories depending on your needs. Make a column for anything that you plan to spend money on. (When I helped my friend a few weeks ago she added a column for lawn care, babysitter, and the gym.) Make it specific to fit your family’s needs.
Next week we’ll get down to the nitty gritty and put the pieces together!
Other Posts in this Series
- Budgeting: It’s Not Rocket Science (Part 1)
- Budgeting: It’s Not Rocket Science (Part 3)
- Budgeting: It’s Not Rocket Science (Part 4)
- Budgeting: It’s Not Rocket Science (Part 5)
- Budgeting: It’s Not Rocket Science (Part 6)