Get into the word in 10 minutes a day with these devotions for women. I have gone through each of these devotional books and can personally recommend them to you!
Transform your day in only 10 minutes a day!
Yes, it really is possible and as simple as grabbing a devotional and your Bible and spending a few minutes with the Lord.
How do I know this to be true?
There have been seasons in my life when I fell off the wagon and didn’t have my morning quiet time with the Lord. When I would pick it up a few days or even weeks later it would be transforming. The words would fly off the pages and speak deep into my heart. And I’ll be honest, I was amazed at how much smoother my day would go.
I’ve seen the transformation in my life and I want the same for you!
In addition to the devotions below, I also have a free printable 30 day Bible reading plan for you here.
Why are devotions or a daily quiet time with the Lord so important?
My pastor explained it best!
Picture a sailboat on the water. Unless the sailboat has it’s sails up it’s not going to move and will sit stagnant on the water. But once the captain puts up the sails his boat will start soaring.
Much like the sailboat keeping the sails down, when we fail to spend time with the Lord each day we become stagnant and our faith doesn’t grow.
The next time you sit down for your quiet time put the sail up in your heart and picture yourself sailing along with Jesus, learning more about Him and drawing closer to Him.
My 7 favorite devotions for women with daily lessons that can be done in as little as 10 minutes a day.
1. Fighting Words Devotional: 100 Days of Speaking Truth into the Darkness by Ellie Holcomb
Number of Daily Devotions: 100
This devotional will open your eyes to the lies that you’re telling yourself and empower you to speak the truth from God’s Word over them.
Many times in this life we feel like we’re the only one that has felt a certain way. But as I read through these pages I’m reminded that I’m not alone, and that the Lord equips with us with the tools we need by filling the Bible with truths that we can speak over ourself and situation. We can find true freedom. It might take some work but it’s possible!
Ellie opens each day with a verse and short devotion. She then asks thought-provoking questions to help us dig deeper and ends with a powerful prayer to pray over ourself. (I love the beautiful embossing with gold-foiled lettering on this devotional.)
2. Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace In His Presence by Sarah Young
Number of Daily Devotions: 365
The devotions in Jesus Calling are written as if Jesus is speaking to us.
Each time I dive into the pages of this devotion it speaks deep into my heart…as if Jesus is speaking directly to my heart.
At the bottom of each day’s devotion Sarah includes verses that reference the scripture she used to write the devotion. I use these to dig deeper into the Word and often read the verses before and after (or even the entire chapter) to get the full context of the original scripture.
More Devotions by Sarah Young:
- Jesus Calling for Moms – These devotions speak to the power of love, gift of strength, courage in any season, trusting Him during challenging times and God’s guidance and comfort.
- Jesus Listens – If your life is filled with anxiety and stress, find peace, joy and hope in Jesus.
- Dear Jesus – Learn how to know Jesus, why it’s important to know Him, and how a richer relationship with Him will change your life.
- Jesus Calling for Kids – Your child will strengthen their faith as they are reassured of Jesus’s unending love for them and be comforted with words of hope and encouragement.
Check out all of Sarah’s devotional books here.
Dig Deeper: Listen to the Jesus Calling Podcast
3. The Chosen: 40 Days With Jesus by Amanda Jenkins
Number of Daily Devotions: 100
This devotion is written by the same writers of The Chosen tv series. Much like the tv series, the Bible will come to life and make Jesus feel like an everyday person. You will see the words from scripture through the eyes of the people that Jesus encountered.
I love that this devotional has a daily prayer focus.
There are also thought-provoking questions to encourage you to dig deeper in your life and and help you think about what you’ve read each day.
More Devotions by Amanda Jenkins:
- What Does It Mean To Be Chosen?: An Interactive Bible Study – Take deeper look at Isaiah 43 and its fulfillment in Jesus and the lives of His followers (including us!)
- The Chosen: Book Two: 40 Days with Jesus – Learn what it means to really follow Jesus and place your identity in Him.
- The Chosen for Kids – Your child will discover the joy, peace, and wonder found only in a forever friendship with Jesus.
Check out all of Amanda’s devotional books here.
Dig Deeper: Watch The Chosen TV Series
4. Daily Wisdom for Working Woman by Michelle Medlock Adams and Gena Maselli
Number of Daily Devotions: 365
Start your day by being encouraged and inspired before you head to work. Each day’s devotion might be short but it will help you get into the Word.
The power prayer for each day is my favorite part of this devotional book. It helps get your day moving, draws you closer to the Lord and equips you for whatever you’re going to face that day.
More Devotions by Michelle Medlock Adams:
- Encouraging Words for Mothers – This devotional offers brief, relevant, and biblical reflections with monthly themes such as worry, unconditional love, discipline, and praying.
- Springtime for Your Spirit – This 90-day devotional will reawaken your spirit through famous quotes, inspirational readings, meaningful prayers, and targeted scriptures.
- Fabulous and Focused: Devotions for Working Women – This devotional addresses the issues that business women encounter every day including communications, relationships, opportunities, integrity, professionalism, and achievement.
Check out all of Michelle’s books and devotional books here.
5. Blessings for the Morning: Prayerful Encouragement to Begin Your Day by Susie Larson
Number of Daily Devotions: 96
If you’re a visual person you’re going to love this devotional. The pictures are stunningly beautiful!
Each day’s devotion will remind you of God’s love and purpose for you as you’re pointed back to the promises from the Word.
More Devotions by Susie Larson:
- Prevail: 365 Days of Enduring Strength from God’s Word – Strengthen your walk in faith while finding a new level of freedom and redemption as you trust in his presence in your everyday life.
- Blessings for Women: Words of Grace and Peace for Your Heart – This devotional is filled with words of comfort, encouragement, and wisdom that will bring joy to your soul and nourish your heart.
- Blessings for the Soul: Words of Grace and Peace for Your Heart – Learn to five Jesus your worries and obligations, and let Him nourish your heart, comfort your soul, and show you wisdom from His Word.
Check out all of Susie’s books and devotional books here.
Dig Deeper: Be encouraged with Susie Larson Live on Faith Radio.
6. He Whispers Your Name by Cherie Hill
Number of Daily Devotions: 365
Each devotion in He Whispers Your Name is written as if Jesus is speaking directly to you.
Cherie knows that God wants to speak directly to you and this devotional book is an invitation for you to hear from him.
My heart is blessed each time I pick up this devotional and am intentional about spending time with the Lord.
Each day’s devotion has a verse that will help you meditate on what you’ve read and stand firm in your faith.
More Devotions for Women by Cherie Hill:
- A Journey with Jesus – Go on a journey with Jesus through the valley of fear, doubt, and desperation.
- All Things New – This creative coloring and journaling devotional will help you stand strong in your faith, lean on God’s grace, and rest in knowing that God promises to protect and bless you with his presence, power, and peace.
- Walking In The Spirit – Grow in awareness of the Holy Spirit and discern what God calls you to through the Spirit’s work.
Check out all of Cherie’s books and devotional books here.
7. Lived Loved by Max Lucado
Number of Daily Devotions: 150
Each devotion in Lived Loved includes a powerful excerpt from one of Max’s books, a prayer and Bible verses.
I love the way Max writes…it’s as if he’s an older brother wrapping his arm around me and kindly pointing me in the right direction.
My favorite part about each devotion is the prayer that draws us into communication with the Lord. Sometimes we don’t know where to start and this gives us the push that we need.
More Devotions by Max Lucado:
- Calm Moments for Anxious Days – Learn how to release your anxieties one by one, breath by breath, into the safe hands of a God who will never leave you.
- God Is With You Every Day – Find comfort, grace, and encouragement as you’re reminded that God is with you every day.
- Walking With The Savior – Learn valuable insights to help you see the everyday moments that God is present as you choose love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, and faithfulness.
Check out all of Max’s books and devotional books here.
Reader’s Favorite Devotions for Women
God Hears Her: 365 Devotions for Women by Women by Our Daily Bread
100 Days of Believing Bigger by Marshawn Evans Daniels
Find Rest: A Women’s Devotional For Lasting Peace In A Busy Life by Shaunti Feldhahn
Devotions from the Garden: Finding Peace and Rest from Your Hurried Life by Miriam Drennan
Live on Purpose: 100 Devotions for Letting Go of Fear and Following God by Sadie Robertson Huff
You Got This: 90 Devotions to Equip and Empower Hardworking Women by Melissa Horvath
Love Beyond Looks: A 5-Week Bible Study On Body Image by Kasey B Shuler
Embraced: 100 Devotions To Know God Is Holding You Close by Lysa TerKeurst
New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional by Paul David Tripp
Choose Joy: 3-Minute Devotions for Women compiled by Barbour Staff
Daily in His Presence: A Classic Devotional by Andrew Murray
If you loved this collection of devotions for women, you should definitely check out:
- Draw closer not only to God but to your spouse with these devotions for couples.
- Want to share your testimony but don’t know how? Learn how to share your testimony with others more naturally!
- Transform your prayer life and your walk with the Lord by learning how to pray to God.
- Encourage your child to spend a few with the Lord each day with these fun, short devotions for kids.