What do you get when pumpkin and chocolate collide? This Easy Layered Pumpkin Cream Cake of course! You’re going to love this recipe not only because it won’t break the bank, but because it’s perfect to take to your next holiday gathering.
This recipe is perfect for both busy moms and working women. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in a flash and have a fabulous dessert to boot!
My mission for this recipe was to stop by Walmart’s Holiday Bake Center and choose three ingredients to make a holiday treat. (The Bake Center is in the main aisle of the store, and is kinda like it’s own baking section!) As you can see, there is a huge assortment of items to choose from. Oh the possibilities of different recipes that were swirling around in my head! (Check out Walmart’s Holiday Bake Center for more recipe ideas!)
After mulling it over, I happily plunked the JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Instant Pudding and Baker’s Semi-Sweet and White Chocolate in my cart. I grabbed a few additional ingredients for my recipe and I was ready to checkout. Oh this was going to be yummy!
As I opened the pudding mix the smell of pumpkin wafted through the kitchen. Pumpkin lovers are going to fall head over heals for this recipe!
Now, I’d heard before that you can easily slice angel food cake with dental floss. Let’s just say that I tried it and it didn’t work. :O) My serrated edge knife worked just fine.
You may be tempted to skip this step and use chocolate flavored cool whip, but I promise that you won’t want to do that! The richness of the semi-sweet chocolate paired with the creaminess of the cool whip will melt in your mouth! (And, yes, I cheated a bit and had to try it before putting it on the cake.)
Easy Layered Pumpkin Cream Cake
1 pkg (3.4 oz) JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor Pudding Mix
1 1/2 cups cold Milk
1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping, divided
1 prepared Angel Food Cake Mix
2 oz Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 oz Baker’s White Chocolate
- Beat pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Fold in 1/2 cup of whipped topping.
- Cut the angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Stack cake layers on plate and spread pudding mixture between layers.
- Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate for 1 – 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. (The chocolate may look like it’s not melted but could be after stirring.) Add in remaining 1 cup of whipped topping and mix well. Spoon on top of the cake.
- Microwave the white chocolate. Scoop into sandwich bag. Snip off the end and drizzle on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.