This Super Easy Candy Bar Trifle was a dessert that I made up as I went along. I was originally going to make it in a 9×13 pan but knew the lid wouldn’t fit on once I put everything on top of the cake. So, out came the trifle dish and this recipe was born.
Sometimes recipes that I create on the fly are a hero and sometimes they are a zero. Thankfully this one turned out fabulous because I made it to take to a family get-together the next day. (Yes, it was a bit risky but it totally paid off because it got rave reviews!)
Trifles always look so pretty but they’re generally very easy to make. If you can chop, pour and spread, you’ll have this puppy made in under 15 minutes!
Super Easy Candy Bar Trifle
Prepared Box Cake Mix
Can of Sweet Condensed Milk
Bag of mini candy bars (I used Snickers)
- Cut the cake into squares and place them in the trifle dish.
- Pour the sweet condensed milk over the cake squares.
- Quarter the mini candy bars and place on top of the cake squares (reserving enough to garnish).
- Spread the cool whip on top of the candy bars and garnish with remaining candy bars.
- Cover and chill overnight.
Not only is this dessert easy but it’s also very versatile. You can use any flavor of cake and/or candy bars that you have on hand or that you’re hankering!