Is decorating for Christmas becoming a little mundane at your house? I don’t know about you but year after year I get out the same Christmas decorations and put them in just about the same place as I did the year before. I thought it would be fun to collect a list of fun Christmas decorations. I hope these decorations inspire you while you’re decorating this year!
1. Make a simple Christmas Advent Calendar out of boxes.
2. If you like rustic but still want to be fun and creative, you can mimic this Ho Ho Ho Wood Plank. It’s simple, fun and creative. Plus I just love the added lights!
(Or, if you don’t have time to make one, purchase a similar one here on Etsy!)
3. Place a string of lights in your porch decorations to dress them up and give them a different look. Check out the idea (and more) at Sorta.
4. Just a yard of material and you’ll have a tree that can be decorated over and over again. The kids will love this felt tree for their bedroom, in the toy room or even family room.
5. Need something last-minute and DIY for a Christmas party? Try decorating with Wine Bottles.
6. Do you want to put a Christmas Tree in your kitchen but don’t want to deal with the needles? Try a mason jar tree – it will be the talk of all your guests this Christmas.
7. Let your kids create a reindeer foot and handprint pillowcase. You’ll be able to enjoy it for years to come. Beware though because kids grow up way too fast and it might make you emotional.
8. Use some simple ornaments and things found in nature as a new look for a “Christmas tree.”
9. These crazy, fun Christmas decorations were too fun not to share. Check out these and more at Kristen’s Creations.
10. Who doesn’t want to say yes to lighted top hats? I found this awesome idea over at Trendy Tree.
Tip: Create your project with these these fun Christmas top hats!
11. Dress up your tree with these adorable DIY Egg Ornaments. They’re also fun to make with family!
12. Have the kids create a snow man activity on the fridge. They’ll enjoy looking at (and playing with) it every time they’re in the kitchen.
13. Don’t you just feel like you’re at the North Pole looking at this Christmas staircase? Angela from Prettify Your Life does a great job making a house a home, especially at Christmastime.
14. If you really feel want to go over the top with your staircase, check out this house tour at Bright Bold Beautiful. It looks like a Macy’s store display!
15. Create your very own nativity scene with this Nativity Bake Set. How fun would it be to create this with the entire family?!
16. Do you have a Batman fan in your house? Have a little fun with this DIY Batman Wreath. I bet you’ll get a smile out of your neighbors!
17. If you live in the warmer temperatures, why not poke fun at the heat with this melting snowman. (Unfortunately the link to the original tutorial is dead but here’s a similar melting snowman that you could use to replicate it.!
18. Do you have a tradition of making gingerbread with your family? Dishfunctional Designs has some super fun gingerbread house inspiration for us!
19. How cool is this?! Dress up your mantle with this Merry Christmas Ball Wall Vinyl Cling!
20. Don’t forget to decorate your bathroom toilet paper storage area too. I found this easy and awesome idea over at Funky Junk Interiors.
More Christmas Favorites: